Exploring Global Trade in the Carolinas
The Carolina World Trade Association meets regularly to promote the growth of local businesses and members,
along with the global initiatives of the Greater Charlotte and Carolina regions. Join us today!
- The CWTA normally has monthly lunch meetings near uptown Charlotte, and occasionally holds events in other locations. These monthly luncheons are rich in content and cover a wide range of topics. Recent events have included:
- Doing Business in Mexico, featuring business and government leaders that are actively working in Mexico
- Global Workforce Development, held at Siemens in Charlotte
- Selling Charlotte Globally, featuring Sven Gerzer of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce
- Connecting Charlotte to the World, featuring former Charlotte Airport Director Jerry Orr
The CWTA was established in the 1960s when a group of professionals in Charlotte began meeting on a regular basis to discuss foreign trade opportunities and challenges. Since that time, the CWTA has consistently brought together a high-quality group of professionals and leaders to exchange knowledge and build relationships. The CWTA is a chapter of the North Carolina World Trade Association, which is a statewide organization that promotes the growth of international commerce between North Carolina and the world.
The CWTA is governed by a Board of Directors who work in a variety of fields including accounting, banking, manufacturing, distribution and higher education. The CWTA Board is committed to expanding global trade in the Charlotte area for the benefit of the entire community.
Sponsor Our Next Event
The CWTA welcomes and encourages event sponsorships. The event sponsor will have their company logo
prominently displayed, and will receive recognition for their contribution at the event. Please contact the CWTA Membership Director for more information.